It’s no secret that artificial intelligence (AI) is completely changing how we communicate with the world. Phone calls are no exception. Thanks to Nagish and advancements in artificial intelligence, accessible, easy communication is now available to everyone.
What is Nagish?
Nagish is an app designed to empower individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing to engage in effortless conversations.
Through the power of AI, Nagish provides fast and accurate real-time captions for phone calls, seamlessly converting speech to text and text to speech.
With Nagish, people who are deaf or hard of hearing and those recently experiencing hearing loss can communicate using their existing phone numbers in complete privacy without needing interpreters, stenographers, or captioning assistants. And the best part? Nagish is completely free!
How Does Nagish Work?
Nagish works like a regular phone call, with the only difference being that if you’re using the app you can type and read instead of speak and hear.
While typing, the person on the other side of the call will hear a typing sound, indicating that they should wait for your response. When communicating using the keyboard, Nagish will relay what you type into natural-sounding speech. You can also use your voice if you prefer speaking over typing.
You can call anyone, and anyone can call you. Plus, the person on the other end doesn’t need the app installed for you to receive calls via Nagish.
Even if you’re a slow typer Nagish facilitates the flow of your conversations using features such as customizable quick responses and a personal dictionary with your most used words or phrases.
When someone calls you, or when you call someone using Nagish, you can choose if you want the other side to hear a brief message at the beginning of the call. If so, the hearing side will hear a default message shortly after we connect your call.
The default message is: I'm using text to communicate. Please be patient.
So, if phone conversations are challenging to follow, Nagish is the app for you!
In this blog post, we'll explore the top features Nagish offers and how they can transform how you communicate with the world.
If you haven't downloaded the app already, we encourage you to explore the features and experience its ease of use first-hand.
1. Fast and Accurate: Using live transcribe technology, Nagish helps you keep up with the flow of conversation, capturing every word with remarkable speed and accuracy so you never miss out on important details during phone calls.
2. 100% Private: With Nagish, nobody can access your phone calls, call logs, or transcripts except you! The captions are ultra-accurate and remain completely secure from end to end. Your conversations are private and confidential, without any involvement from human intermediaries.
3. User-Friendly Experience: There’s no ¨getting used to¨ period because Nagish looks and feels like your native phone app. With the added benefit of real-time, private, and accurate captions on all your phone calls, Nagish seamlessly integrates into your daily communication routine.
4. Keep Your Existing Phone Number: Unlike other relay services, Nagish allows you to retain your phone number for calls and texts. This means you don't have to worry about changing your contact information or notifying everyone of a new number. However, if you don’t wish to enable number linking, you may use your Nagish number.
5. Customizable Experience: Nagish lets you personalize your call experience by supporting multiple communication and listening methods, such as the ability to type, speak, hear, and rely on captions.
6. Full Accessibility: With an easy-to-use interface and built-in support in screen readers that allows you to change the font size during a call - Nagish is the most accessible relay service out there!
7. Multilingual: Nagish supports multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Hebrew, and Italian.
8. Personal Dictionary: You can improve the accuracy of your calls by indexing custom words, phrases, or acronyms commonly used in your conversations, such as names, nicknames, or acronyms used at work. This personal dictionary feature ensures that Nagish accurately transcribes and recognizes the language and terminology you use the most.
9. Designed for and by the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community: Nagish incorporates insights and feedback from team and community members to ensure every feature addresses their unique needs while sharing resources that help and celebrate the rich culture and diversity of the deaf and hard of hearing communities.
10. Save Conversations for Future Reference: With the ability to save your conversations, you can conveniently access and review past transcripts whenever needed. This feature is particularly useful when you need to recall important information or revisit meaningful conversations. Conversations stay 100% private since they’re only saved locally on your device.
11. Calls with Automated Systems: Whenever you are asked to "enter" or "press" a number during an automated phone call, such as those operated by airlines, banks, credit card companies, and telecom providers, you can simply use the "Numbers" option rather than the keyboard located on the right side of your call controllers.
12. Transcribe Your Voicemails: The app enhances your communication experience by transcribing your voicemails. Instead of struggling to understand unclear or missed messages, you can read the transcriptions at your convenience. Say goodbye to the frustration of deciphering voicemails!
13. Built-in Spam Filter: We all know how frustrating it is to receive unwanted calls from telemarketers or unsolicited messages. Nagish has a robust spam filter that automatically identifies and filters out these messages.
14. Profanity Blocker: Nagish incorporates a profanity blocker to maintain respectful and positive communication. Offensive language is filtered out, ensuring your interactions remain pleasant and respectful.
15. Quick Responses: You can pre-set responses for commonly used phrases or questions, such as “I’ll call you later” or “See you soon!” This feature saves you time and enables more efficient communication, keeping your conversations flowing effortlessly.
16. International Calls: Nagish supports international calls for free. Visit the Common Questions Section of our website for the complete list of supported countries.
17. Call anyone: With Nagish, you can call anyone with a phone number, including businesses, customer services, Automated Lines and Interactive Voice Response systems (IVR), video meetings such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, and WebEx, International lines, and Emergency Services.
18. Values Your Safety: When calling 911 in an emergency, Nagish will share your location with the nearest dispatcher, just like mobile operators are required to do by law.
Through its fast and accurate real-time captions, commitment to privacy, user-friendly interface, and a range of exceptional features, Nagish empowers people who are deaf, hard of hearing and recently experiencing hearing loss to connect and communicate effortlessly.
Get Nagish for Free
Join the thousands of people who use Nagish daily to caption their phone calls!
We sent you your download link!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Copywriter based in Miami, FL. Leads copywriting workshops and mentors women entrepreneurs at the Idea Center of Miami Dade College.