Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact Data, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses and phone number.
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us and any content uploaded to the Service (such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload).
- Registration data, such as information that may be related to a service, an account, or an event you register for.
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Usage data, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or App or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, usage data shall not include any call contents.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications
We do not retain the audio or transcriptions of connected calls in the ordinary course of providing our Services to you. Once captions are delivered to your device, they are deleted from our servers. When you elect to store transcripts, they will be stored on your own device.In the case of voicemail messages left for you, we may retain a transcript until delivery and for up to 30 days if it cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if your device is offline). If a voicemail transcript is still undelivered after 30 days, we delete it.
In the case of voicemail messages left for you, we may retain a transcript until delivery and for up to 30 days if it cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if your device is offline). If a voicemail transcript is still undelivered after 30 days, we delete it.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Service, including but not limited, your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; information about your use of and actions on the Service, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access; and other personal information. In addition, we may request access or permission to certain permissions from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s contact, microphone, or other features. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Browser web storage, or LSOs, are used for similar purposes as cookies. Browser web storage enables the storage of a larger amount of data than cookies. A “web beacon,” also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, is typically used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of our websites.
Web browsers may offer users of our websites or mobile apps the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly. Please see the “Targeted online advertising” section for information about how to exercise choice regarding the use of browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To operate the Service. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service, including to route emergency calls to the correct dispatchers or enable user’s communication to its contacts with each user’s consent
- provide information about our products and services
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications
- provide support and maintenance for the Service
- to respond to your requests, questions, and feedback
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or Update Your Information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the communication. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information to provide the Service to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Other sites, mobile applications, and services
The Service may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications, or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications, and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not directed at, and Company does not knowingly acquire or receive personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn that any user of the Service is under the age of 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete that individual’s personal information and restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to email@example.com. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
228 Park Avenue S, PMB 58177
New York, NY 10003